Weekly Groups and Activities
- 'The New Prayer Group' - Weekly on Thursdays at 6.30pm at the Friary
- 'Parish Coffee Morning' - Every Sunday after 9:45am Mass
- 'The Little Church (Children's Liturgy)' - Every Sunday during 9:45am Mass.
- 'The Rosary' - Monday to Thursday 11:30am in the Church
- 'Scripture Group' - Monday 7:00pm in the Friary
- 'Divine Mercy Prayer Group' - Wednesday 3:00pm in the Church
- 'Journey in Faith (RCIA) Group' - Wednesday 6:45pm in the Church
- 'Young Adults Prayer Group' - Friday 6:30pm in the Church
Monthly Groups and Activities
- 'Hospital Mass' - 1st Thursday of the month at The Countess of Chester Hospital
- 'Time For Jesus' - 1st Friday of the month (started on 7th November 2014)
- 'Secular Franciscans Group' - 1st Sunday of the month at 2:15pm in the Friary. Further information available from their website; The Secular Franciscan Order of GB
- 'Monday Club' - 1st Monday of the month at 2:00pm in the Hall
- 'Catholic Women's League' - 2nd Monday of the month at 7:30pm in the Hall (1pm - winter).
- 'SPUC Group' - 3rd Wednesday of the month at 7:30pm, change of venue, please contact Pam Jones on 01244 310415
- 'St Francis Rambling Group' - 1st Wednesday of the month from May to September. Ideal for first-time walkers! If interested, contact Peter Bamford on 07870 543503 for further details
- Midday Prayer of the Church after Mass;
- Divine Mercy Prayer at 3.00pm followed by the Holy Rosary;
- Mass in Polish at 6.30pm;
- All the time there will be a Priest available for the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
Hospital Mass: 1st Thursday of the Month
At 12:15pm on the first Thursday of each month a Mass is celebrated in the Chapel of the Countess of Chester Hospital. This is for patients/outpatients, staff, families, friends and the wellbeing of our hospital. All are welcome.
'Time For Jesus': 1st Friday of the Month
The special celebration 'Time for Jesus' which started on Friday 7th November 2014 will be continued every first Friday of the month. It will begin at 11.00 am with the Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament and Sacrament of Reconciliation then at 12 Noon there will be Holy Eucharist followed by the Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament which will be held until 9.00 pm.
During this time there will be:
At 9pm a group of parishioners will continue with prayer and readings in the small Chapel behind the main altar until 1am. All are welcome.
New Prayer Group
The New Prayer Group started meeting on Thursday 4th February and continues meeting weekly every Thursday at 6.30pm at the Friary. Everyone who would like to join is very welcome. Deacon Peter who moved to Chester with his family a few months ago is leading this prayer group.
Secular Franciscans Group
The rule and life of the Secular Franciscans is this: To observe the Gospel of Our Lord Jesus Christ by following the example of Saint Francis of Assisi, who made Christ the inspiration and the centre of his life with God and people. (From the Rule of the Secular Franciscan Order).
If you would like to know more, please contact the minister of the Chester fraternity; Mrs Kate Hughes OFS, 7 Lansdowne Grove, Chester, CH4 8LD, telephone 01244 683538. Or follow this link to the national Secular Franciscan website; The Secular Franciscan Order of GB
Journey in Faith (RCIA) Group
The Journey in Faith (RCIA - Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) Group meets weekly at 6.45pm in the Church. It is meant, not only for those interested in becoming Catholics, but also for practising Catholics who would like to deepen their faith.
The Monday Club are a group of retired/semi-retired parishioners who get together on the first Monday of each month at 2:00pm in the Hall. They arrange trips out for meals, visits to Garden Centres and other activities throughout the year. Anyone who would like to attend the meeting and take part in future activities of the Group would be very welcome to join them.
St Francis Parish Council
The Parish Council is a body of 14 people drawn from the Saturday Vigil Mass and the three Sunday Masses, and includes representation from both the English and Polish communities. The role of the Parish Council is to assist, advise and co-operate with the Parish Priest on behalf of the wider parish community. The group also undertakes any work on behalf of the Parish Priest as required, e.g. Parish surveys.
The group meets on average four times a year (more frequently if required) and notes of the meetings are available to all members of the parish. Please email requests to the Parish email address (see Contact Us) FAO The Parish Council.
St Francis Finance Committee
The St Francis Finance Committee meet quarterly to discuss the financial position
(the income and expenditure) of the Parish.
The Rambling Group
The rambling group has finished its series of summer evening rambles. These were gentle walks lasting no more than two hours, with a refreshing drink at a convenient hostelry afterwards for those in need. Ideal for first-time ramblers! The rambles normally took place on the first Wednesday of each month until September. Routes were decided beforehand according to weather conditions. If you would like to know more, please contact Peter Bamford on 07870543503.
Church Cleaning Rota
|20th June 2019||Team C||-|
|27th June 2019||Team D||-|
|4th July 2019||Team A||-|
|11th July 2019||Team B||-|
Readers Rota for Sunday 9.45am Mass
If you are unable to read on any Sunday allocated to you, please arrange an exchange directly with another reader. Let Alan know of any changes and he will update the website.
|Date||Celebration||1st Reading||Psalm||2nd Reading & BP|
|2nd Jun||7th Sunday of Easter||Roberta||Roberta||Peter R|
|9th Jun||Pentecost Sunday||Ron||Ron||Alan|
|16th Jun||Trinity Sunday||Eileen||Eileen||Alan|
|23rd Jun||Corpus Christi||Arnold||Arnold||Peter O|
|30th Jun||Ss Peter and Paul, Apostles||Roberta||Roberta||Vincent|
Coffee Rota after Sunday 9.45am Mass
If you are unable to help on any Sunday allocated to you, please let Carol know or arrange an exchange directly with another helper. Let Alan know of any changes and he will update the website.
|16th June 2019||David and Annie|
|23rd June 2019||Peter and Roberta|
|30th June 2019||Pam and Carol|
|7th July 2019||Alan and Peter O|
|14th July 2019||Wendy and Linda|
|21st July 2019||David and Annie|
|28th July 2019||Peter and Roberta|
|4th August 2019||Pam and Carol|
|11th August 2019||Alan and Peter O|
|18th August 2019||Wendy and Linda|
|25th August 2019||David and Annie|
|1st September 2019||Peter and Roberta|
|8th September 2019||Pam and Carol|
|15th September 2019||Alan and Peter O|
|22nd September 2019||Wendy and Linda|
|29th September 2019||David and Annie|
|6th October 2019||Peter and Roberta|
|13th October 2019||Pam and Carol|
|20th October 2019||Alan and Peter O|
|27nd October 2019||Wendy and Linda|
|3rd November 2019||David and Annie|
|10th November 2019||Peter and Roberta|
|17th November 2019||Pam and Carol|
|24th November 2019||Alan and Peter O|
|1st December 2019||Wendy and Linda|
|8th December 2019||David and Annie|
|15th December 2019||Peter and Roberta|
|22nd December 2019||Pam and Carol|
|29th December 2019||Alan and Peter O|
|5th January 2020||Wendy and Linda|
|12th January 2020||Peter and Roberta|
|19th January 2020||Pam and Carol|
|26th January 2020||Alan and Peter O|